[comp.os.minix] where is ST minix source ?

pmoore@hemel.bull.co.uk (Paul Moore) (11/29/90)

I have an ST using colleague who would like to download the source of
MINIX (v1.5 or v1.6) for the ST. It ain't on uunet - where is it.

I am assuming that it is actually available.

mboen@nixdorf.de (Martin Boening) (11/30/90)

In <1990Nov29.104422.16981@hemel.bull.co.uk> pmoore@hemel.bull.co.uk (Paul Moore) writes:

>I have an ST using colleague who would like to download the source of
>MINIX (v1.5 or v1.6) for the ST. It ain't on uunet - where is it.

>I am assuming that it is actually available.

Not really!

MINIX is Copyright (C) Prentice Hall and may not be offered on any archive
servers. The only thing that's usually offered on archive servers are diffs
to upgrade existing MINIX sources to a new MINIX (like the MINIX 1.3 -> 1.5
upgrade).

Whenever complete sources are posted on the net, it usually is a software
package someone donated to the NET. Such stuff does not fall under PH's
copyright (which is why so many large packets of complete source, such as
Elvis, bawk, de, ic, kermit, ... were posted completely in the upgrade
postings).

To get MINIX, you'll have  to buy it from Prentice Hall.

Greetings,
Martin
--
Email: in the   USA ->  mboening.pad@nixdorf.com