[comp.os.minix] AmigaMinix, why is no one talking about it

hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) (11/29/90)

 am an amiga user and have been waiting for minix to come out for a LONG
time.  Ok its here.  what now.  I am surpried to see very little talk
about it in this news group.  Whats wrong?  Are people to involved
to bother reading this group?

My main reason for posting is to find out if a HD driver is around
for it yet!  If so I would partition my drive for it stright away.

What other Amiga minix spesific stuff is out there if any?

Hunter
--
James Gardiner.  System Admin, Public Access UNIX Melbourne, Australia
DON'T TRUST THE MAIL HEADER! Use the path OR the following :

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (12/03/90)

In article <1990Nov29.113031.6283@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> hunter@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (James Gardiner [hunter]) writes:
> I am an amiga user and have been waiting for minix to come out for a LONG
>time.  Ok its here.  what now.  I am surpried to see very little talk
>about it in this news group.  Whats wrong?  Are people to involved
>to bother reading this group?

No, we already have a multitasking OS, remember? :-)

Personally, I'd like to get MINIX, but there's little support for those
of us with a *real* architecture (ie: non 80x6 based).  It seems that
MINIX has been developed more for hardware which has no real multitasking
system available. :-) (well, there *is* microport's 286 unix, but it's
a real dog.)

If I did not already have a multitasking OS, I'd probably be all over
MINIX.  I'm still considering it, just so I can have the source for an
OS to play with.  (Which I never got with OS-9, sniff.)

--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Mangler - UH Dept. of Mathemagics - (713) 749-2120