[comp.os.minix] MINIX on the T800 transputer

ceesv@cs.vu.nl (Cees Visser) (11/29/90)

   I'm considering to port the MINIX operating system to the T800
transputer. The basic idea is to have a server running on a (MINIX)
PC that provides services (disk I/O, terminal I/O, etc.) for a
transputer (network).  Additional multiprocessor features will be
incorporated. I'd like to know whether this is already done for the
T800 or not.

                                            Cees Visser

wbeebe@bilver.uucp (Bill Beebe) (12/05/90)

In article <8379@star.cs.vu.nl> ceesv@cs.vu.nl (Cees Visser) writes:

>   I'm considering to port the MINIX operating system to the T800
>transputer. The basic idea is to have a server running on a (MINIX)
>PC that provides services (disk I/O, terminal I/O, etc.) for a
>transputer (network).  Additional multiprocessor features will be
>incorporated. I'd like to know whether this is already done for the
>T800 or not.

Good luck. I'm trying a port to an eval board with a T425, and it ain't
easy. I'm using the tools supplied by Inmos with the eval board. Not much
time here to talk about it. Maybe later.