[comp.os.minix] ST 1.6.10

meulenbr@cst.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) (12/11/90)

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) writes:

>In article <18512bca.ARN0f29@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org> hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org writes:
>>
>>In article <8420@star.cs.vu.nl>, Andy Tanenbaum writes:
>>>Just when everyone has stabilized on 1.5.10, here we go again.  I am
>>>about to send 1.6.10 to the beta test group.
>>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Will that also be for AMiga-Minix ???

>Technically, no, but since the FS and MM code is identical for all
>versions, and nearly all the changes between 1.5.10 and 1.6.10 are in
>FS and MM, with a bit of work, 1.6.10 might work on the 68000.  It is
>definitely worth a try.

For FS and MM only very little work will be required.
The kernel is a completely different story.
If 1.6.10 arrives before Xmas, I'll spend a few days of my holiday on it.
I could use some guinea pigs in January, so if you want to volunteer,
send me your configuration info.

--
Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology