[comp.os.minix] Compiling kermit under MINIX 1.5

cs311a14@cs.iastate.edu (Class login) (12/17/90)

 I have just recently upgraded to Minix 1.5. However, I have been unable to compile the kermit source. alsd keeps running out of memory. Does any one have it
compiled?
  I have asked Glen Overby for help. He said I wouldn't be able to do it on Minix but I did get it compiled once when I was upgrading.I don't remember how I did it though.
  If any one has it compiled, please let me know how it is done
thanks.

OB

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (12/17/90)

In article <cs311a14.661388441@zippy> cs311a14@cs.iastate.edu (Class login) writes:
> I have just recently upgraded to Minix 1.5. However, I have been unable to
> compile the kermit source. alsd keeps running out of memory. Does any one
> have it compiled?

Use Bruce Evan's C compiler instead of the Minix compiler and you should be
able to build it.  The standard Minix C compiler can't hack it.