[comp.os.minix] ESDI Hard Disk Driver???

srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) (12/22/90)

Okay for the eighteen billionth time.  I've seen it posted before and
never took the time to catch the responses.  So here goes once more.
Is there a driver for ESDI drives?  (Should of kept the ol' IDE drive
I wouldn't have these problems :-)).  Thanx in advance.

srm
--

				Scott R. Myers

Snail:	26 Stiles Street			Phone:(201)352-4162
        Apartment 18
	Elizabeth, NJ 07201

Arpa:	srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu			Uucp: ..!dimacs!srm

		"... No matter where you go, there you are ..."

linas@trowel.HP.COM (Linas Petras) (12/24/90)

As far as I am aware the standard AT wini driver will work with any disk
controller that that is AT compatible. The Western Digital ESDI controller
worked fine, even at 1.3

srm@dimacs.rutgers.edu (Scott R. Myers) (12/25/90)

In article <1360002@trowel.HP.COM> linas@trowel.HP.COM (Linas Petras) writes:

> As far as I am aware the standard AT wini driver will work with any disk
> controller that that is AT compatible. The Western Digital ESDI controller
> worked fine, even at 1.3

My apologies to the net.  Because I was busy tracking down other
problems with bringing Minix up I never really tried the AT wini
driver.  In my own defense the documetation was the real reason I was
lead to believe that it would not work ("With an ESDI drive, you have
to use #3" {pg.8}).  Once things calmed I did try the #1 disk and it
worked like a charm.  Thanx...

srm