[comp.os.minix] shoelace makefile problem

cwr@pnet01.cts.com (Will Rose) (12/28/90)

sid.boyce@amail.amdahl.COM writes:

>I raised a problem with Earl Chew, the suggestion was a reported
>problem in "make" may be cured by implanting dummy targets.
>The message using makefile.min is ... no targets specified around
>line 40......
>Earl suggested inserting a line below "#Component makes".......
>dummy: shoelace
>I have tried this, also "dummy: all"   "dummy: winiboot bootlace
>shoelace laceup", I still get the same error message.

I can duplicate the above error message by replacing the leading
tab on line 40 of this Makefile with a space, or spaces - you may
have a corrupted Makefile.  Make should report 'must be separator...'
or 'syntax error...'; apparently the Minix version doesn't.  Try
checking there are tabs, not spaces, at the start of all command
lines around line 40.

Good luck - Will

"If heaven too had passions  | Will Rose
     even heaven would       | UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!cw
     grow old."  -  Li Ho.   | ARPA: crash!pnet01!cwr@nosc.mil
                             | INET: cwr@pnet01.cts.com

UUCP: {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!cwr