[comp.os.minix] Amiga/Minix questions

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu ("J. Eric Townsend") (01/02/91)

There should probably be a FAQ for these questions, but...

In article <Info-SheetJan91@plains> overby@plains.nodak.edu (Glen Overby) writes:
>  - Amiga:      Commodore Amiga 500 or 2000 with at least 1M of RAM. One  720K
>[...]
>		Minix will NOT run on 68020 and larger Amiga systems.

Why not?  Is there a problem with CPU's that have a MMU built in?  Is
it "doable"?

I'm trying to get a basic UNIX-compatible system going why I save up the
$$$ for a "real" UNIX system.  While AmigaDos is a really nice multitasking
OS, it isn't a flavor of Unix.

--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Mangler - UH Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120