[net.news.group] fa and mod name wars: surrender

reid@Glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) (10/31/85)

I think that the new mod.long-names.stupid are an idiocy of the same rank as
'cat -v' and the Dukes of Hazzard.  Furthermore I am annoyed that they did
not go through the hallowed "standard procedure" in net.news.group for
reaching an alleged consensus.

I will nevertheless convert Glacier to the New Regime in the interests of
reducing net.chaos. My archives show that the new names were proposed, that
a certain amount of discussion ensued, almost all of which was opposed to
the new names, and then the new names were made official.

If I were the editor of Laser-Lovers I would refuse to send it to a USENET
gateway unless they transmitted it by its right name.
--
	Brian Reid	decwrl!glacier!reid
	Stanford	reid@SU-Glacier.ARPA

eppstein@columbia.UUCP (David Eppstein) (11/03/85)

In article <305@Glacier.ARPA> reid@Glacier.UUCP (Brian Reid) writes:
> I think that the new mod.long-names.stupid are an idiocy of the same rank as
> 'cat -v' and the Dukes of Hazzard. ...
>
> If I were the editor of Laser-Lovers I would refuse to send it to a USENET
> gateway unless they transmitted it by its right name.

This from the person who flamed me for having the user name "kronj".
We're not being a little hypocritical here are we Brian?