[comp.os.minix] profil and select?

frank@nyssa.wa7ipx.ampr.org (Frank Gleason) (01/12/91)

  I am looking for code to do profil and something along the
  lines of select. I think profil has been done but I don't
  have ftp access to look for it.

  fg
  frank%nyssa.uucp@unicorn.cc.wwu
  please use this address

) (01/14/91)

Frank Gleason <frank@NYSSA.WA7IPX.AMPR.ORG> writes:
> I am looking for code to do profil and something along the
> lines of select. I think profil has been done but I don't
> have ftp access to look for it.

I have implemented some code for doing profiles on minix-st 1.5.10. I think
an old version of my implementation is in the gkernel provided by j.bammi.

It was planned to post diffs against my kernel ansification patches (sent out
around the middle of 1990). I have already prepared the kit. I am awaiting
manual and to do the pc port for profil().

The patches include implementations of nice(1,2), profil(2), monitor(3), and
a port of the bsd gprof(1). There's also a new c startup code for automatic
profiling (yet only st-68k version 8-( ) and a patch to cc.c for using it with
the -p flag.

I will post the kit within the next weeks, after "beta testing" has been com-
pleted.

              " This space intentionally left blank "

Kai-Uwe Bloem, I5110401@DBSTU1.BitNet, ...!unido!dbstu1.bitnet!i5110401,
I5110401%DBSTU1.BITNET@CORNELLC.CCS.CORNELL.EDU (or other known gateways)
          Technische Universitaet Braunschweig / germany

frank@nyssa.wa7ipx.ampr.org (Frank Gleason) (01/16/91)

>Frank Gleason <frank@NYSSA.WA7IPX.AMPR.ORG> writes:
>> I am looking for code to do profil and something along the
>> lines of select. I think profil has been done but I don't
>> have ftp access to look for it.

>I have implemented some code for doing profiles on minix-st 1.5.10. I think
>an old version of my implementation is in the gkernel provided by j.bammi.

>It was planned to post diffs against my kernel ansification patches (sent out
>around the middle of 1990). I have already prepared the kit. I am awaiting
>manual and to do the pc port for profil().

>The patches include implementations of nice(1,2), profil(2), monitor(3), and
>a port of the bsd gprof(1). There's also a new c startup code for automatic
>profiling (yet only st-68k version 8-( ) and a patch to cc.c for using it with
>the -p flag.

>I will post the kit within the next weeks, after "beta testing" has been com-
>pleted.

>Kai-Uwe Bloem, I5110401@DBSTU1.BitNet, ...!unido!dbstu1.bitnet!i5110401,
>I5110401%DBSTU1.BITNET@CORNELLC.CCS.CORNELL.EDU (or other known gateways)
>          Technische Universitaet Braunschweig / germany

I will be looking forward to it as will others I'm sure.
As some kind sole let me know I forgot to thank you ahead of time
let me do so now.

THANK YOU