[comp.os.minix] minix on amiga--XTcard

iheitla@cs.vu.nl (Ilja Heitlager) (01/18/91)

Is there anybody who is using MINIX on a commodore XT-card for the AMIGA ?
I know there is a AMIGA-version, but I would like to run MINIX on the XT,
because a got the card and I hate MS-DOS (haha revange).

                               Ilja

tsarna@polar.bowdoin.edu (Tyler Sarna) (01/23/91)

In some article, Ilja Heitlager <iheitla%CS.VU.NL@VM1.NoDak.EDU> wrote:

> Is there anybody who is using MINIX on a commodore XT-card for the AMIGA ?
> I know there is a AMIGA-version, but I would like to run MINIX on the XT,
> because a got the card and I hate MS-DOS (haha revange).

Well, I've never tried it but I know that the bridgeboards are
based on the C= PClones. If it works on them then there's a good
chance that it would work on a BB. I'd try it out and make sure
though... :-)

     /// Tyler "Ty" Sarna            E-Mail: tsarna@polar.bowdoin.edu
 \\\///     "I think cement is more interesting than people think"