[comp.os.minix] Whereabouts of Manual Pages for Minix 1.5

tonyg@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Tony Gedge) (01/30/91)

Are a set of electronic Manual pages available for Minix? (a la contents
of /usr/man/man*)  Where might I get them?

Yours in ignorance,

Tony Gedge.

| Computer Science Department,        | tonyg@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au       |
| University of Queensland, Australia.| "cc stands for Cryptic Crossword" |

wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) (02/04/91)

In atricle <1161@macuni>, gpatapis@macadam.tmc.edu (George Patapis) writes:
> In article <7059@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> tonyg@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:
> >Are a set of electronic Manual pages available for Minix? (a la contents
> >of /usr/man/man*)  Where might I get them?
> 	I want to join in and ask for help on this since the local
> 	distributor of Minix has no clue!  Did anybody on this
> 	earth get the Minix manual files with their distribution?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1.5-PC manuals appear to be in the
upgrades subdirectory on plains, in the files man.0[0-5].Z (via
anon ftp). I do not know if these are diffs against 1.3, because 1.3
from memory didn't have man pages. For those in Australia, these
are also available from the sirius archive.

Good luck!

    Warren Toomey VK1XWT, approaching w/e.
   Deep in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
`Friendless is getting married, what a laugh!'

waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org (Fred 'The Rebel' van Kempen) (02/05/91)

In article <2231@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au>, wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1.5-PC manuals appear to be in the
> upgrades subdirectory on plains, in the files man.0[0-5].Z (via
> anon ftp). I do not know if these are diffs against 1.3, because 1.3
> from memory didn't have man pages. For those in Australia, these
> are also available from the sirius archive.

The manual pages are not in the P-H 1.5 distribution in order to
save diskettes (and thus saving some $$ for the buyer).  Also, the
(c) issue has to do with it, I believe.

All manual pages can be fetched from the usual archives.

Fred