[comp.os.minix] Origami suggestion

t901590@mp.cs.niu.edu (T.J. McNamee ) (02/23/91)

Hey, I've got a thought...why doesn't someone who received the whole
origami posting upload it to a well known archive so that we who after
seeing the original posting hosed deleted parts 3-5?  That way we could
lose the please re-post parts x y & z taking up half of the bandwidth on
this newsgroup.  Now there's a thought!

overby@plains.NoDak.edu (Glen Overby) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb22.184043.9638@mp.cs.niu.edu> t901590@mp.cs.niu.edu (T.J. McNamee ) writes:
>origami posting upload it to a well known archive so that we who after
>seeing the original posting hosed deleted parts 3-5?  That way we could

It's there, if you'd just look in the right place :-)

I shovel bits into a directory as they come across comp.os.minix, and make
it available via the archive-server (sorry, no ftp; it's on a different
partition and is soft-linked in).  If you miss something, try looking around
with archive-server@plains

	index Minix/NEW
	index Minix/NEW/misc
	index Minix/NEW/pc
	index Minix/NEW/amiga
	(and so on)

every now and then I pull the pieces of programs in NEW together and tar
them up into files in the Minix/*contrib directories (those are available by
anonymous FTP as pub/Minix/*contrib).

For the heck of it, I've tossed the Origami posts in
Minix/all.contrib/Origami/*
--
		Glen Overby	<overby@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!plains!overby (UUCP)  overby@plains (Bitnet)