[comp.os.minix] ide controller and minix

grossman@bbn.com (Martin Grossman) (02/26/91)

I just got a 80386DX 33MHZ system.
It has a 130MB drive hooked upto an IDE interface.

Which driver should I use?

bios_wini or at_wini

PS does anyone have online some spec sheets on what IDE is all about?
PS is this recording in MFM (Its recorded with 17 sectors/track) or some
   other format?

PS Since I have minix up and running on my XT whats needed to:
	a) get it running on the 386?
	b) get it running in 80386 mode (ie so it can use all 4MB mem)

cechew@sol1.cs.monash.edu.au (Earl Chew) (02/26/91)

grossman@bbn.com (Martin Grossman) writes:

>Which driver should I use?

>bios_wini or at_wini

Probably the latter.

>PS does anyone have online some spec sheets on what IDE is all about?
>PS is this recording in MFM (Its recorded with 17 sectors/track) or some
>   other format?

I think that we need an IDE FAQ sheet :-) Any volunteers?

Earl
--
Earl Chew, Dept of Computer Science, Monash University, Australia 3168
EMAIL: cechew@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au PHONE: 03 5655778 FAX: 03 5655146