[comp.os.minix] An apology

alexande@drivax.UUCP (02/18/87)

In article <559@atari.UUCP> apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:
>in article <913@drivax.UUCP>, alexande@drivax.UUCP (stupid me) says:

[My offensive posting about stack growth deleted.]

>As one who has recently been burned by caustic net postings, I think I
>should interject some sympathy and understanding here.

I'm sorry if what I wrote was seen as caustic.  I was trying to clarify
what seemed like a misunderstanding, not to flame anyone.  But my choice
of words was wrong, and I humbly apologize to those who were offended.

>Alexander@drivax used one unambiguous phrase ("Pre-decrement") and one
>ambiguous one ("up") -- why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

I think the ambiguous words were in the excerpts I quoted from the Intel
and Motorola manuals.  So much for trying to clarify things by quoting two
different sources.

>Maybe his mental structure has zero at the top of the page.

Actually, my mental structure is zero-filled in all of its pages.  Hence
my stupid postings.  After I finish this apology, they're going to
to take this terminal away from me and lock me up in the California
State Home for Bewildered 8086 Programmers.
--
Mark Alexander	...{hplabs,ucbvax!decvax}!decwrl!pyramid!amdahl!drivax!alexande
"This then is my story.  I have reread it.  It has bits of marrow

greg@mobius.Viewlogic.COM (Gregory Larkin) (02/27/91)

Hello to all,

I'm sorry for the *3* similar postings today.  My news-poster
seemed to hang twice and I did not believe that the messages were
posted.

Sorry about that,
--
Greg Larkin (ASIC Engineer)
Viewlogic Systems, Inc. (The CAE Company)