[comp.os.minix] minix demo in 3.5"

blake@nevada.edu (RAWLIN BLAKE) (02/28/91)

In article <22923@hydra.gatech.EDU> ccastd2@prism.gatech.EDU (Dale
Phurrough) writes:
>I have a PS/2 and the boot floppy is 3.5".  Which makes booting from drive B
>a 1.2 meg 5.25" drive impossible.  Could the source of this demo please
>upload a 3.5" demo.  Thanks ahead of time.

I am successfully using the 3.5" floppy on my PS/2 90 with the current
disk image.  I have used two methods (I accidently mkfs'd the first
disk :-( ).  The first time I used Norton Utilities Absolute Write
function in the NU.EXE program.  This created a 3.5" floppy with 360k
on it.  It boots just fine.

The second time, I formatted a 3.5" disk to 360k, then used the
RAWRITE.EXE program in the same anonymous ftp directory to transfer.
This worked fine as well.

The new PC Magazine utility (2floppy & 2file) might do it as well with
some minor mods to the descriptors in the header.

--------
        Rawlin Blake
Internet:       blake@nevada.edu
BITnet:         blake@unsvax