[net.unix-wizards] C compiler for IBM machines

ron@BRL (10/09/82)

From:     Ron Natalie <ron@BRL>
Date:     8 Oct 82 4:18:17-EDT (Fri)
There is one for sale from RSI that was mentioned in this week a month
ago.  It runs only under VM/CMS and costs $4000 for the compiler, $2000
for the STDIO library, and another thou or two for a debugger that only
runs on 3270's.  Interesting thing however, I called them up and asked
for information and they sent me a copy of K & R's book along with their
own sales literature.  Seems like a great way to save $14 (or what ever
they cost these days) for those who don't already have a copy.

The implementation looks more than reasonable, and the price is rather
good when compared with most IBM software.  The documentation points to
complete implementation that works under CMS with interface to the CMS
command line interface with conventional argc and argv argument passing.
In addition the command line arguments are automatically scanned for
things beginning with ">" or "<" to set up default inputs and outputs
for the I/O set ups.

- Ron