[net.unix-wizards] Word Processing Packages

SAE-ADA@Usc-Eclb (10/09/82)

From: SAE-ADA at Usc-Eclb
Date: 8 Oct 1982 0904-PDT
Does anyone have experience with Unix based word processing systems? I know
of 3 systems:

     XED      from Computer Methods Limited,
     LEX_11   from EEC Systems, and
     Office Power from Computer Consoles Inc.

Are there others out there?  How do they compare with vi, troff, and me? Are
any compatible with troff?

Robert Whaley, SWA&E.

mo@Lbl-Unix (10/11/82)

From: mo at Lbl-Unix (Mike O'Dell [system])
Via:  Lbl-Unix; 9 Oct 82 22:16-PDT
Remailed-date: 10 Oct 1982 1949-PDT
Remailed-from: the tty of Geoffrey S. Goodfellow  <Geoff5 at SRI-CSL>
Remailed-to: Unix-Wizards@SRI-CSL: ;
Via:  Sri-Csl; 10 Oct 82 22:18-PDT

Date: 9 Oct 1982 21:05:41-PDT
AT&T has one for sale, er, license.  It contains a heads-up editor-formatter
and a few other niceties. And to quote "No, it doesn't use NROFF
to do the formatting."

Contact your friendly neighborhood AT&T software sales rep, or the
licensing people in Greensborough, which ever comes first.

	-Mike