[comp.os.minix] /minix boot from SCO Xenix?

dls@genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) (03/11/91)

I have seen a program which can supposedly boot Minix from
the SCO Xenix boot prompt, in much the same way an inactive
DOS partition is booted.  Anyone out there know where I can
find it?  Or can I use a different boot program to boot Xenix,
Minix, or DOS?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave Smith

dls@genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) (03/12/91)

In article <545@genco.bungi.com> dls@genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith) writes:

>I have seen a program which can supposedly boot Minix from
>the SCO Xenix boot prompt, in much the same way an inactive
>DOS partition is booted.  Anyone out there know where I can
>find it?  Or can I use a different boot program to boot Xenix,
>Minix, or DOS?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Dave Smith

I'm following up on my own article since no one else will!!
Perhaps I could use Shoelace - Does anyone know if Shoelace
can be used to boot Xenix, Minix, and DOS partitions all on
the same machine?

ANY response would be appreciated (but I won't hold my breath again).
Thanks.
Dave Smith

gwr@world.std.com (Gordon W. Ross) (03/13/91)

In article <556@genco.bungi.com> dls@genco.bungi.com (Dave L. Smith)
asks about programs for selecting the partition to boot from.

I just posted program which serves this purpose nicely.  Look for
subject "BOOTMENU AND PFDISK 1.3" in the comp.unix.sysv386 group.

--
Gordon Ross	(gwr@world.std.com)