[comp.os.minix] UUCP

lyndon@ncc.UUCP (04/04/87)

In article <7319@boring.mcvax.cwi.nl>, jack@mcvax.cwi.nl (Jack Jansen) writes:
> [...]
> Of course, you won't have sequence numbers and callback and all that stuff,
> but do you *really* care? Just restrict micros to sending mail, and that's
> all.

As the "world" adopts RFC822 for mail, it will be important that any
mailer systems understand the envelope syntax required by the standard.

If you only want to exchange mail with local (PC based) sites, or BBS
systems, you don't require anything fancy. On the other hand, if you
want to talk to the world, you are going to need software capable of
generating (and understanding) the headers.

The routing problem isn't going to get any easier either...

LISSE%DACTH51.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu (Eberhard W. Lisse) (08/01/87)

I have in the meantime obtained uuslave.* and dcp.* off SIMTEL20.ARPA.
They reside in the directory

PD:<MSDOS.UUCP>

They might be some starting point for uucp on minix. I have written to
John Gilmore <gnu@hoptoad.UUCP> to try and get an updated version of
UUslave which then should be able to run as master as well.

regards,

el

Eberhard W. Lisse

broug@sloth.uucp (Chris Brougham) (09/12/89)

Does MINIX have any mail capabilities, things like uucico and l.sys.

Thanks in advance.

cb...

--
UUCP: !van-bc!sloth!broug
ARPA: broug@sloth.uucp

rseligso@pollux.usc.edu (Richard Seligson) (09/14/89)

I've been thinking about using a 640k XT (clone) under MINIX as a
USENET node.  I remeber seeing info in this group about uucp available
for MINIX (it was DCP a.k.a. UUPC wasn't it?), but what about news
software?

Any info about what is available and where to find it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich Seligson

rseligson@pollux.usc.edu
...uunet!usc!pollux!rseligso

housel@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Peter S. Housel) (09/14/89)

	My UUPC port is available via anonymous ftp from host
en.ecn.purdue.edu (hostid 128.46.129.59). Those who cannot ftp can
pester me for a mailed copy.

	It may also be in some of the various Minix archives; see
the monthly posting for information on accessing those.

-Peter S. Housel-	housel@ecn.purdue.edu		...!pur-ee!housel

lasse@me.chalmers.se (Lars Persson) (10/25/89)

Hi out there!
I've just got my hands on the minix mail program,
but to get thist mail working properly I must have a UUCP.
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a UUCP for Minix?

Thanks in advance Michael J
d88mj@rigel.sunet.se

smitty@essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM (Hibbard T. Smith JR) (12/31/90)

I'm a latecomer to this newsgroup, and this is probably an old question.  I'm
sorry if so.

I'm looking for a UUCP suite in source.  If such is available, where (how)
might I obtain a copy of it.  I can't FTP, but I can UUCP via TB or 2400.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

--
		Smitty
Hibbard T. Smith JR                 smitty@essnj1.ESSNJAY.COM

memstjw@prism.gatech.edu (03/15/91)

I am running PC-Minix v1.5, and I am trying to find uucp software that
will run on it. Most of the software I have gotten, like UU-Minix, etc,
will not run as it screws up when it get's to dcputil.c. If anyone knows
where I can get a copy of uucp that will run under minix 1.5, I would
greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

						John Watson
						memstjw@prism.gatech.edu