[comp.os.minix] WHAT AMIGA HARD DRIVES ARE SUPPORTED UNDER MINIX!!!???

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (03/27/91)

Well.. I hear that there is no *OFFICIAL* HD support for
Minix, and the only thing keeping me from buying it
is a HD patch for my Trumpcard...

Is it supported? If not, what *ARE*??

Please reply thru mail or here.

--
E Pluribus //  Contacts: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu or jeremym@chopin.udel.edu or
  Unix    //		 jeremym@freezer.acs.udel.edu -amiga clasic 2000-

sreiz@cs.vu.nl (Steven Reiz) (03/27/91)

jeremym@chopin.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:

>Well.. I hear that there is no *OFFICIAL* HD support for
>Minix, and the only thing keeping me from buying it
>is a HD patch for my Trumpcard...
>Is it supported? If not, what *ARE*??

Eh, nope. The Commodore A590, with SCSI and/or XT disks connected, is
supported. The Commodore A2091 hd controller and the A3000's harddisk
may be supported as well. I'm saying it that careful because I'm not
(yet) sure how well our most recent version of minix works with those
controllers.

	Steven

PS. Our most recent version can be ftp-ed from ftp.cs.vu.nl [130.37.24.6],
directory /pub/sreiz/minix.