For those of you with W-News, the correct format according to RFC1036 for the
Date: header is:

	Wdy, DD Mon YY[YY] HH:MM:SS TIMEZONE

The current, invalid format used by W-News is:

	Wdy Mon DD HH:MM:SS YYYY TIMEZONE(alpha) TIMEZONE(num)

--
Mike Dobson, Sys Admin for      | Internet: rdc30@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil
nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil      | UUCP:   ...uunet!mimsy!nmrdc1!rdc30

waltje@minixug.mugnet.org (Fred 'The Rebel' van Kempen) (03/30/91)

rdc30@nmrdc1.nmrdc.nnmc.navy.mil (LCDR Michael E. Dobson) wrote:
> Having just installed the latest patches to C-News, I've discovered they
> tickle a bug in Fred van Kempen's W-News with fatal results.  The date
> format in the Date: header does not conform to RFC822/RFC1036 rules.
> Previously, C-News tolerated this but with the latest patches it logs the
> error and drops the articles onto the floor without passing them on.  Since
> my site is the relay for comp.os.minix to and from Fred and his connected sites,
> this is especially bad news for him until the bug is fixed.

I just posted the 3.00 version of W-NEWS world-wide.  This (yet-final) version
fixes that.  All previous releases of W-NEWS should be deleted on arrival of
these postings...

Fred.