[comp.os.minix] harddisk root file system within first 32MB ?

rommel@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (03/31/91)

I want to add a minix file system to my harddisk. Does a minix partition
have to lay within the first 32MB of the harddisk space? I have read
that a minix partition is limited to 32MB. Because with DOS 3.x, which
also had partition size limited to 32MB, the root partition had to be
within the first 32MB I want to know if this is the case with minix 1.5
too. I have already partitions of about 160MB on my disk.

Thanks,
Kai Uwe Rommel

cechew@sol0.cs.monash.edu.au (Earl Chew) (04/03/91)

rommel@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Kai-Uwe Rommel) writes:

>I want to add a minix file system to my harddisk. Does a minix partition
>have to lay within the first 32MB of the harddisk space? I have read

No. I have had a minix partition at the 100Mb mark on one occasion.

Earl
--
Earl Chew, Dept of Computer Science, Monash University, Australia 3168
EMAIL: cechew@bruce.cs.monash.edu.au PHONE: 03 5655778 FAX: 03 5655146