[comp.os.minix] vt100 termcap/emulation

pdp@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Douglas Page) (03/26/91)

I have a couple of questions about using minix over a serial line:
	Following is a termcap hacked up for use with a vt100 emulator. Can
anyone tell me if it is correct or can be improved?

vt100|vt-100|dec vt100:\
	:co#80:\
	:li#24:\
	:cl=50\E[;H\E[2J:\
	:bs:\
	:cm=\E[%i%d;%dH:\
	:nd=2\E[C:\
	:up=2\E[A:\
	:ce=3\E[K:\
	:cd=50\E[J:\
	:so=\E[7m:\
	:se=\E[m:\
	:us=2\E[4m:\
	:ue=2\E[m:\
	:is=\E>E[?31\E[?41\E[?51\E[?7h\E?[8h:\
	:ks=\E[?1h\E=:ke=\E[?11\E>:\
	:if=/usr/lib/tabset/vt100:\
	:ku=\EOA:\
	:kd=\EOB:\
	:kr=\EOC:\
	:kl=\EOD:\
	:kh=\E[H:\
	:k1=\EOP:\
	:k2=\EOQ:\
	:k3=\EOR:\
	:k4=\EOS:\
	:pt:\
	:sr=5\EM:\
	:al=\E[L:\
	:dl=\E[M:

	I am using a macintosh running White Knight in vt100 mode. Most
things work as expected except the editors (mined/vi ect) don't behave
correctly. I lose lines, can't scoll backwards to the top line etc.
	Does anyone know how vt100 compliant white knight is?
	What is the best vt100 emulation for the macintosh?

Thanks
pdp@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU
.

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (04/01/91)

In article <475@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au> pdp@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Paul Douglas Page) writes:
>I have a couple of questions about using minix over a serial line:
>	Following is a termcap hacked up for use with a vt100 emulator. Can
>anyone tell me if it is correct or can be improved?

Looked good to me, but...

>	I am using a macintosh running White Knight in vt100 mode. Most
>things work as expected except the editors (mined/vi ect) don't behave
>correctly. I lose lines, can't scoll backwards to the top line etc.

The Minix termcap routines (specifically tputs() do not support
null-padded terminals, such as the vt100.  I have a termcap library
that does, I am going to try porting it to Minix as soon as I
resurrect my system from toast (it took a power hit, the motherboard
and hard disks went to protect the power supply and the fuse in
the surge protector... :-( ).
--
Thomas V. Frauenhofer, WA2YYW, tvf@cci.com   | "Death is Irrelevant.
{uupsi,ccicpg}!cci632!tvf@uunet.uu.net       |  One time I saw an elephant in

wing@sco.COM (Wing Eng) (04/07/91)

Can someone tell me how to hook a terminal off the serial port?  I've
added "1f2" to my /etc/ttys and have MacMinix 1.5 (straight out of
box).  When I boot I get a login prompt on the terminal.  If I hit
return, another login prompt appears, but if I type in my login and
hit return it hangs.

wing
wing@sco.com