[comp.os.minix] HELP! Can't build 1.5.0 boot disk

jmiller@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Miller) (04/04/91)

Hello everyone,
   I have applied all of the patches to take my PC minix 1.3 to 1.5.0,
checked all the file sizes against the CRC list, and successfully compiled and
linked everything.  Now, when I try to build a boot diskette with 'make image',
the build program says "mm click_shift does not match kernel's".  The only
definition I find for CLICK_SHIFT is in /usr/include/minix/const.h, where it
is defined to be 8.

Can anyone help me build a boot disk?

Thank you in advance!
Jim Miller
--
/* Jim Miller                     * Internet: jmiller@andy.bgsu.edu         *
 * Student Computer Technician    * UUCP: ...!osu-cis!bgsuvax!wendy!jmiller *

root@ceadg.UUCP (Super user) (04/08/91)

In article <7249@bgsuvax.UUCP> jmiller@bgsuvax.UUCP (Jim Miller) writes:
>Hello everyone,
>   I have applied all of the patches to take my PC minix 1.3 to 1.5.0,
>the build program says "mm click_shift does not match kernel's".  The only
>definition I find for CLICK_SHIFT is in /usr/include/minix/const.h, where it
>is defined to be 8.
>Jim Miller

Hi Jim,
I to was once in your same boat... unfortunatly at the time I did not have
 net access Lucky you!
anyhoweser check head.s in you lib directory it should be 937 bytes and have
 a crc of 06784. The real thanx for this goes To Guy Helmer (sp?).

Now if I could only find time to fix the compiler not finding the second
 and subsequent include files and several test failing and the upgrade to 386
ahh it never stops... Good Luck!

Jack
wb3ffv!ceadg!jack
this area unintentionaly left blank