[comp.os.minix] help with Amiga version of MINIX

zebr360@ut-emx.uucp (Jerry Heyman) (04/06/91)

I have been running Amiga MINIX now for about a month (on and off).  I've
started to learn elle for a couple of different reasons.  One is to get a
feel for EMACS and the other is the question I have.

Every time I start up the elvis binary, it returns back an error that says
file not found with an errno of 2 (ENOENT).  Since I have a 2Mb A1000 with
two floppy drives, I haven't made an attempt at looking through the source
to recompile it.

Anyone have any ideas?

jerry
--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM PSP, AIX Development
zebr360@emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else

In article <46791@ut-emx.uucp> zebr360@ut-emx.uucp (Jerry Heyman) writes:

>Every time I start up the elvis binary, it returns back an error that says
>file not found with an errno of 2 (ENOENT).  Since I have a 2Mb A1000 with
>two floppy drives, I haven't made an attempt at looking through the source
>to recompile it.

Finally looked at the source code (actually the README file).  My problem was
caused by the fact that a directory that elvis needs, /usr/tmp, wasn't there
in my filesystem.  Once I created it and changed mode to 777, everything is
now working fine.

Sorry to waste bandwidth.

>jerry
>--

jerry

--
Jerry Heyman                  by day: IBM PSP, AIX Development
zebr360@emx.utexas.edu        by nite: Adjunct Lecturer at St. Edward's Univ.

*All comments are my own and should not be construed to represent any one else

Christoph van Wuellen <HBO043%DJUKFA11.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu> (04/08/91)

when using elvis, create /usr/tmp and make it worl-read/writable.
RTMF!

C.v.W.