[comp.os.minix] ioctl puts terminal into strange mode

wing@sco.COM (Wing Eng) (04/08/91)

In article <15982@scorn.sco.COM> wing@sco.COM (Wing Eng) writes:

>Can someone tell me how to hook a terminal off the serial port?  I've
>added "1f2" to my /etc/ttys and have MacMinix 1.5 (straight out of
>box).  When I boot I get a login prompt on the terminal.  If I hit
>return, another login prompt appears, but if I type in my login and
>hit return it hangs.
>
>wing
>wing@sco.com

I traced this down further, and it seems that making an
ioctl call to turn echoing off (for passwords) screws up
the terminal (serial port?).  I remember a posting awhile
ago about a new serial driver for MacMINIX.  Is my memory
correct, or was I dreaming?  Any help would be appreciated.

wing
wing@sco.com