[comp.os.minix] Minix Graphics available soon & Minix Docs

S12187TJ@semassu.edu (04/10/91)

David,
	Please include me on your list.  I'm sure it will be LONG.  On other
notes, I'd like to support the call for a whos-doing-what document.  In fact,
if there is not one already out there, I wouldn't mind compiling it.  As a
newcomer to the Minix world, I am still a little lost.  This document would
be a big help.

Tom Johnson
S12187TJ@SEMASSU.EDU

CRAWFORD_B%PLU.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (brian) (04/11/91)

S12187TJ@SEMASSU.EDU (Tom Johnson) writes:

> I'd like to support the call for a whos-doing-what document.

I'd like to see something like that too.  I'm using Minix for an Operating
System class where we choose various projects to try to do in Minix.
Knowing who's done what in the past and who's doing what currently would
be a big help.  Here's one vote for this type of list.

Brian Craword
      (Crawford)
CRAWFORD_B@PLU.BITNET

dh4@crosfield.co.uk (damian hamill) (04/12/91)

In article <50293@nigel.ee.udel.edu> S12187TJ@semassu.edu writes:
>David,
>	Please include me on your list.  I'm sure it will be LONG.

please post, I'm sure many people will want them.

> On other
>notes, I'd like to support the call for a whos-doing-what document.  In fact,
>if there is not one already out there, I wouldn't mind compiling it.  As a
>newcomer to the Minix world, I am still a little lost.  This document would
>be a big help.
>
>Tom Johnson

A good idea.  This would be a big help to everyone, especially newcomers.

Damian.

waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org (Fred 'The Rebel' van Kempen) (04/16/91)

CRAWFORD_B%PLU.BITNET@cornellc.cit.cornell.edu (brian) wrote:
> S12187TJ@SEMASSU.EDU (Tom Johnson) writes:
>
>> I'd like to support the call for a whos-doing-what document.
>
> I'd like to see something like that too.  I'm using Minix for an Operating
> System class where we choose various projects to try to do in Minix.
> Knowing who's done what in the past and who's doing what currently would
> be a big help.  Here's one vote for this type of list.

$ ftp plains.nodak.edu
ftp> cd /pub/Minix/Projects
ftp> binary
ftp> prompt
ftp> mget *
ftp> quit
$

Fred.
--
MicroWalt Corporation, for MINIX Development	waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org
Tel (+31) 252 230 205, Hoefbladhof  27, 2215 DV  VOORHOUT, The Netherlands

S12187TJ@semassu.edu (04/17/91)

Thanks Fred for that clarification.  Im not so sure that everyone has access\
to FTP though.  I think it would be convienent to send the Whos-doing-what
to everyone as they subscribe to the list.  This along with the
Minix Info list might eliminate some of the What is Minix questions.  If these files are already sent forgive my memory lapse.

Tom Johnson
S12187TJ@SEMASSU.EDU