[comp.os.minix] Stopgap method for archiving vs. splitup

wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) (04/16/91)

Instead of trying to force a splitup of comp.os.minix, as so many people
are against, why not just post sources with an `Archive-name:' line in
the header. People (including me) who archive this newsgroup can
automagically find and save these postings.

Comments for and against?	If the overwhelming decision is `yes',
how do we make everybody do it???

        Warren Toomey VK1XWT, unquotable.
      Deep in the bowels of ADFA Comp Science.
  `The key that I thought opened the door doesn't'

In article <2365@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au> wkt@rodos2.cs.adfa.oz.au (Warren Toomey) writes:
> Instead of trying to force a splitup of comp.os.minix, as so many people
> are against, why not just post sources with an `Archive-name:' line in
> the header. People (including me) who archive this newsgroup can
> automagically find and save these postings.

Sounds good. Now how do you get people to do that? It's not even
proven possible in alt.sources.

> how do we make everybody do it???

The $64000 question...
--