[comp.os.minix] Looking for pty and AST 4-port device drivers...

jrs@peapod.uucp (Jonathan R. Senning) (04/18/91)

Hello all,

Has any one implemented a pty(4) (pseudo terminal) device driver for minix?

How about modifying the tty driver to handle dumb IO cards like the
AST 4-port board using a single interrupt?

If either of the above modifications exist, especially for Minix 1.5 on a
PC (either regular or 386 mode), where can I get them from?

Thanks a bunch,
--
Jonathan R. Senning			UUCP:  uunet!virginia!peapod!jrs
				    INTERNET:  peapod!jrs@virginia.edu

root@minixug.mugnet.org (MINIXUG-ONLINE System Manager) (04/20/91)

jrs@peapod.uucp (Jonathan R. Senning) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Has any one implemented a pty(4) (pseudo terminal) device driver for minix?
I am writing one.  It runs in user space, as an extra server process, to
keep the kernel as small as possible.  I am, however, still having some
problems with flusing- I need a way to tell the CLOCK driver to send me
a 'wakeup' msg every N millisec... :-(   Comments, anyone?

> How about modifying the tty driver to handle dumb IO cards like the
> AST 4-port board using a single interrupt?
I did that, and it works fine.  However, if you do not install NS16550
UARTs on the board, MINIX has serious trouble with keeping up with the
interrupts... :-)

> If either of the above modifications exist, especially for Minix 1.5 on a
> PC (either regular or 386 mode), where can I get them from?
Send me email, and we'll take care of it.

> Thanks a bunch,
Green ones? :-)

Fred van Kempen