[comp.os.minix] atari TT/68030 minix

erlingh@sigyn.idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) (04/18/91)

Hello.
After finally getting my atari-TT, I am about to get rid of my
mega-st. Of course, minix won't work just like that on a 68030
processor, so I was wondering if anybody is working on an upgrade
for the 68000 minix to make it work on '020, '030 as well ??
If so, I will be very happy to "beta-test" it....:-)

Erling Henanger.
--
       _______    _____  	 o	     ____       Erling Henanger
      /___       /____/ /       /   /|  /   /           Norwegian Institute

sreiz@cs.vu.nl (Steven Reiz) (04/18/91)

erlingh@sigyn.idt.unit.no (Erling Henanger) writes:

>Hello.
>After finally getting my atari-TT, I am about to get rid of my
>mega-st. Of course, minix won't work just like that on a 68030
>processor, so I was wondering if anybody is working on an upgrade
>for the 68000 minix to make it work on '020, '030 as well ??
>If so, I will be very happy to "beta-test" it....:-)

I've put some code in amiga minix (the new beta version) to make it
work on '000, '010, '020 and '030. I'll email you the details.

Regards,

	Steven Reiz

hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org (Heiko W.Rupp) (04/20/91)

> I've put some code in amiga minix (the new beta version) to make it
> work on '000, '010, '020 and '030. I'll email you the details.

Does that mean, that there will be a Minix for the Amiga in the near
Future, which will run on a A3000 and which (I hope) supports perhaps also
harddrives ?

Please post some more Informations about that.

-Heiko

--
Heiko W.Rupp, Gerwigstr.5, D-7500 Karlsruhe 1   |   hwr@pilhuhn.ka.sub.org
Tel: +49 7021 693642  (voice only)              |   uk85@dkauni2.bitnet