[comp.os.minix] Minix 386 problem

ching@brahms.amd.com (Mike Ching) (04/26/91)

I've just installed bcc and am getting a message fpushd undefined when
I try to link the c386 compiler or the demo in the pccurses derivative.
It's not a symbol I can find anywhere in the sources. Anybody already
solve this problem?

Mike Ching

pmacdona@sol.uvic.ca (Peter MacDonald) (04/28/91)

I also see the problem with curses demo.  Actually,
does anyone have a satisfactory termcap to use with
the posted curses package.  I managed to scrounge one
but it parses the alternate char set differently.

Also, would be nice to know if 50 column mode worked on
my vga, and where this sc spreadsheet could be had.

Say, how about posting the diffs to borland mcalc
if the source can't be posted?

Anyone working on a bus mouse driver for miniX (or
have hardware info for the microsoft bus mouse)?

How about the location of this advanced minix (ala 386)?
If a central, collective patch were available, I suspect much
internet bandwidth could be saved.  (not to mention much
lambasting from the coherent ones).  It might also allow
more concentration on pushing forward the frontier rather
than just reaching it!

ching@brahms.amd.com (Mike Ching) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.074851.20482@sol.UVic.CA> pmacdona@sol.uvic.ca (Peter MacDonald) writes:
>I also see the problem with curses demo.  Actually,
>does anyone have a satisfactory termcap to use with
>the posted curses package.  I managed to scrounge one
>but it parses the alternate char set differently.

I got several replies by mail all saying that bcc was trying to push a
floating point number on the stack. It's been so long since I built a
library that I had forgotten that other/doprintf.c and other/printk.c
in the library have declarations of doubles. The curses demo now works
fine using the termcap for virtual consoles.

A new request:
I'm sure I had a version of cpdir that worked for Minix-386 but can't
find it any more. Could someone send me a copy or point me to a server
that has it (no ftp access)? Is there any magic required to get ps to
work?

Thanks for the help.

Mike Ching