[comp.os.minix] Clam-shell-problems

torf@theta.tih.no (Tor Erlend F{gri) (04/29/91)

I have a small problem with the pre-compiled version of clam-shell from
plains. It doesn't seem to search the standing directory when I want to
execute a file. I'm using the clam16-version from plains.nodak.edu.
Does anyone else have the same problems? What is the clue?

Tor-Erlend Faegri.   (Any suggestions is highly appreciated)

mkc1@Isis.MsState.Edu (Michael K. Cloud) (05/01/91)

In article <1991Apr29.121836.1866@edb.tih.no> torf@theta.tih.no (Tor Erlend F{gri) writes:
>I have a small problem with the pre-compiled version of clam-shell from
>plains. It doesn't seem to search the standing directory when I want to
>execute a file. I'm using the clam16-version from plains.nodak.edu.
>Does anyone else have the same problems? What is the clue?

Many shells don't search the current directory (I assume that's what you
mean by the 'standing directory') unless specifically told to do so.
The solution is to place a dot (.) in your search path, ie.

PATH=":/bin:/usr/bin:."
                     ^
Hope this helps..

Michael Cloud