[comp.os.minix] REPOST: Help needed with getty

rt2@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Rens Troost) (05/02/91)

Can someone please help me with the getty program from plains? I compiled
it with bcc (I'm running 386) and it acts weird. After a few moments the
process table entry gets messd up - for one thing, the process name goes
from getty to "::::::::" or some such garbage. Attempts to log in fail
miserably: if I try before the process table diaster, I get my userid
prompt, but then it hangs. If I try after the wierdness (it takes about 5
seconds for the entry to get munged) I get nothing.

Anybody who has suceeded, help please!

-Rens
rt2@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
rens@gnu.ai.mit.edu