[net.unix-wizards] Problems with board

spaf.gatech@UDel-Relay@sri-unix (10/25/82)

From:     Gene Spafford <spaf.gatech@UDel-Relay>
Date:     19 Oct 82 9:54:55-EDT (Tue)
We had a similar problem with a different machine...flakey behavior
noted by the microcode every once and a while which went away if
we pulled a certain board and fussed over it a while.  Odd part was
that switching the board with another machine didn't cure the problem.

First thought was something flakey in the power supply since we had
to shut the power off and on to remove and play with the board.
Swapping those didn't help.

Problem turned out to be in the backplane.  Moving the board in and out
of the connector re-established contact long enough (hour or two)
for the system to boot.  I would suggest that you try relocating the board
(is it possible on a 34?) or else check out the connectors and traces
on the backplane.

Good luck.