[net.unix-wizards] RA80/RL02 VAX 750

wan.gatech@Udel-Relay@sri-unix (10/25/82)

From:     Peter N Wan <wan.gatech@Udel-Relay>
Date:     20 Oct 82 21:40:02-EDT (Wed)
Does anyone have any experience with the recently-delivered
RA80/RL02 750 package running 4.1bsd?  We have a pair that
recently arrived in the area.  We are told that Berkeley does
not release a driver for the RL02s yet -- does anyone know of
a reliable one out there somewhere?  (The buyers were smart
enough to buy a tape, but it seems a shame to waste the disk.)

Also, is there any news of the performance of the new Able
VMF-32 (I think) boards on 750s?  The local Able distributor
seems to want to sell these in place of the DH/DM -- are they
worth the extra cost?

Finally, is there anyone dealing with dual-ported disks under
bsd?  There are thoughts of using the dual porting provided
by the UDA50 disks -- obviously it can be done if only one
system uses a disk at a time -- is there anyone doing it
with one port read-only and the other read-write?

Thanks for the info in advance, as they say.

						Peter Wan
					       Georgia Tech