[comp.os.minix] What happened to the Mac MINIX Demo??

al146046@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Alfredo Abbud Terrazas) (05/16/91)

I have only seen one person ask for this in a month! So really folks...

   Where is the Mac MINIX Demo?? And I do want an answer for this!!...
no... better yet... I'm begging for one! :)

   Somebody out there has to have it.

    Alfredo Abbud                      al146046@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
  INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO Y DE ESTUDIOS SUPERIORES DE MONTERREY (Mexico)

      " Sometimes the world needs men, not robots or poets "- Me

ast@cs.vu.nl (Andy Tanenbaum) (05/16/91)

In article <3374@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> al146046@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Alfredo Abbud Terrazas) writes:
>I have only seen one person ask for this in a month! So really folks...
>
>   Where is the Mac MINIX Demo?? And I do want an answer for this!!...

Joe Pickert is working on it.  You can get it on diskette from Prentice-Hall
for $10.  The problem with putting it online no doubt relates to the fact
that the Macintosh has its own, weird, idiosyncratic disk format.  The PC
and Atari disks are just plain old industry standard 360K disks.  That makes
them easy to deal with.

Andy Tanenbaum (ast@cs.vu.nl)