[comp.os.minix] 16 bit compress?

freeman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jay Freeman) (05/18/91)

Hello I'm looking for a source for 16 bit compress for Minix 386. Does
anybody know where one can be found? Thanks, Jay

e-mail: freeman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

* 73 de Jay, WT9S     Internet: freeman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu                *
*                     Packet:   wt9s@n9hhi.il.usa.na                    *

evans@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Bruce.Evans) (05/18/91)

In article <1991May17.173752.9022@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> freeman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Jay Freeman) writes:
>Hello I'm looking for a source for 16 bit compress for Minix 386. Does
>anybody know where one can be found? Thanks, Jay

The compress source that comes with Minix seems to work if you change
the hard-coded define of BITS from 13 to 16.

The Minix 1.5 version is essentially the net 4.0 version with a couple
of things broken. The AZTEC86 stuff used for the Minix port is probably
unnecessary now the Minix library is more complete. One thing broken is
that some function return types have been changed to void, but the
functions are only forward- declared when AZTEC86 is defined. The main
thing broken is that unlinking of the original file is commented out
(lines 1393-1396).
--
Bruce Evans		evans@syd.dit.csiro.au