[comp.os.minix] MINIXUG init --- HHHEEELLLPPP

bevan@ecr.mu.oz.au (Bevan Anderson) (04/29/91)

Hello all.

I have a curios problem...

I am trying to set up the MINIXUG init (sysinit.c / init.c / inittab) on
my 386 box, running Minix 386.
It all works correctly, bar one major problem...

when I put a /etc/mount /dev/hd4 /usr in the /etc/rc I get
a mount: device busy error message.
I can mount it anywhere else, /mnt , /usr2, but never on /usr...?

It works fine with normal init. And it works fine on my old XT

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Bevan Anderson.
Bevan Anderson.						Engineering
bevan@ecr.mu.oz.au					Melbourne Uni.

waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org (Fred 'The Rebel' van Kempen) (05/19/91)

bevan@ecr.mu.oz.au (Bevan Anderson) wrote:

Subject: Re: MINIXUG init   --- HHHEEELLLPPP
             ^^^^^^^
		That spells "NLMUG". "minixug" is a machine...

> I am trying to set up the MINIXUG init (sysinit.c / init.c / inittab) on
> my 386 box, running Minix 386.
> It all works correctly, bar one major problem...
It can't be working on standard MINIX, unless you patched kernel, MM
and FS too.  The silly standard kernel is hardwired on INIT being at
slot 2, which is not true with the new INIT... :-)

> when I put a /etc/mount /dev/hd4 /usr in the /etc/rc I get
> a mount: device busy error message.
> I can mount it anywhere else, /mnt , /usr2, but never on /usr...?
>
> It works fine with normal init. And it works fine on my old XT
Check "update".  Mine opens lots of directories like /dev and /usr
to keep their inodes in core...

Fred.
--
MicroWalt Corporation, for MINIX Development	waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org
Tel (+31) 252 230 205, Hoefbladhof  27, 2215 DV  VOORHOUT, The Netherlands