[comp.os.minix] Finger for Minix

baron@wiesje.hobby.nl (Wim `Blue Baron' van Dorst) (05/01/91)

Hello *,

Recently in alt.sources some variations of 'who' were posted. They did
not seem interesting enough, but someone replied that the 'finger'
command is by GNU, and thus to be had. Is there someone out there who
has the source for finger available, perhaps ported to Minix and all?

Met vriendelijke groeten, Wim `Blue Baron' van Dorst
Blue Baron = Wim van Dorst, Voice (+31) 074-443937, (+31) 02152-42319
(-:       baron@wiesje.hobby.nl           tgcpwd@urc.tue.nl       :-)

waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org (Fred 'The Rebel' van Kempen) (05/19/91)

baron@wiesje.hobby.nl (Wim `Blue Baron' van Dorst) wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> Recently in alt.sources some variations of 'who' were posted. They did
> not seem interesting enough, but someone replied that the 'finger'
> command is by GNU, and thus to be had. Is there someone out there who
> has the source for finger available, perhaps ported to Minix and all?

$ uucp -r minixug!~ftp/tcp-ip/finger*.lzh ~/

These are the BSD 4.3RENO commands, which also run with the recently
posted 'socket emulation library' for non-TCP/IP systems like vanilla
MINIX... (i.e. wiesje)

Fred.
--
MicroWalt Corporation, for MINIX Development	waltje@uwalt.nl.mugnet.org
Tel (+31) 252 230 205, Hoefbladhof  27, 2215 DV  VOORHOUT, The Netherlands