[comp.os.minix] making subdirectories from a users account

marc@skypod.guild.org (Marc Fournier) (05/21/91)

	The subject says it all...does anyone know why I can't or what
I have to do so that I can?  I get an error that says that I cannot
create the directory...and I'm only trying to make it in the actual
account.

thanks...
--
| Marc G. Fournier   (416) 250-8589  |   Haven't thought of anything  |
| Toronto, Ontario                   |     real witty to say here!    |

jac@unlisys.in-berlin.de (Joerg Conradt) (05/22/91)

> 	The subject says it all...does anyone know why I can't or what
> I have to do so that I can?  I get an error that says that I cannot
> create the directory...and I'm only trying to make it in the actual
> account.
>
> thanks...

maybe you don't have write-permission in the . directory ??
greetings joerg
--
Joerg Conradt  Berlin, Germnay  ||  UUCP: jac@unlisys.in-berlin.de

ralf@ptavv.ka.sub.org (Ralf Wenk) (05/23/91)

In article <1991May21.015804.21312@skypod.guild.org> marc@skypod.guild.org
(Marc Fournier) writes:
> 	The subject says it all...does anyone know why I can't or what
> I have to do so that I can?  I get an error that says that I cannot
> create the directory...and I'm only trying to make it in the actual
> account.

If you are using a MINIX before 1.5 mkdir must be setuid root.
Ralf Wenk -- ralf@ptavv.ka.sub.org