[comp.os.minix] MINIX for the Amiga

tjt@nucleus.UUCP (Tim Thomas) (04/07/88)

Is minix available for the Amiga (68000) yet? If so, where can
it be obtained? Anonymous FTP and/or UUCP information would
be much appreciated.

Thanks!

wes@obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) (04/10/88)

In article <818@nucleus.UUCP>, tjt@nucleus.UUCP (Tim Thomas) writes:
> Is minix available for the Amiga (68000) yet? If so, where can
> it be obtained? Anonymous FTP and/or UUCP information would
> be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

To answer quickly, no.  Andy Tanenbaum's group will be releasing a
version of Minix for the Atari ST in late spring.  Several parties,
including mine, have said they will be working on porting the ST
version to the Amiga, since the compiler for the ST will generate code
for the Amiga as well (M68K).  It shouldn't be too long after the ST
version is released (3 months?  I hope :-).
--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!

renagade@aragorn.cm.deakin.oz.au (Mark Kuzmycz) (08/05/90)

Has Minix been ported to the Amiga if so could someone please send me
information on were to get it thanks in advance.
					Mark Kuzmycz.

	I'm taking an Operating Systems class now and would like
to get MINIX for my Amiga. However the school here doesn't
provide an Amiga version, just Mac and PC. Anyone out there know
where I can get it? BTW, please email. Thanks,
	-- Ethan

Now the world has gone to bed,		Now I lay me down to sleep,
Darkness won't engulf my head,		Try to count electric sheep,
I can see by infrared,			Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.			How I hate the night.   -- Marvin