[comp.os.minix] ST 1.5.10.4 upgrades, a few remarks.

breure%itihp2@pucc.princeton.edu (Frank Breure) (05/31/91)

in comp.os.minix (meulenbr@prl.philips.nl) writes:
> Anyway, I hope this is useful to you all. If you discover bugs
> please let me and the net know about it. Also if I goofed when
> making my diffs, please let me and the net know how to overcome
> the problem.

When upgrading from 1.5.10.3 to 1.5.10.4 I got experienced the following
(minor) problems:

In kernel directory:
My stfloppy.c & stdskclk.c had different CRC's, my 1.5.10.0 files
had the right crc for this and after aplying the new patches I
get the right crc's for 1.5.10.4 (did I apply an unofficial patch on these
files? I can't remember)

The 1.5.10.4 listings talks about an 'ansi.h' (also in /usr/src/kernel), it
was not there in 1.5.10.3 and not included in the 1.5.10.4 upgrades.
The file is not included in any kernel source file, so I think it isn't
needed.

In include directory:
The crc's listed for out.h are the same for 1.5.10.3 and 1.5.10.4, but
there is a patch included for out.h!
My new crc (1.5.10.4 ?) is
00926   3294 include/out.h

lib directories:

in the 1.5.10.4 crc's the following files are mentioned:
lib/other/sigset.c
lib/posix/syslib.c
lib/posix/waitpid.c

I don't have them, sigset.c is also in the posix directory (also in the
crc listing), and syslib.c is also in the other directory (also included
in the crc listing).

I don't have any waitpid.c in any lib sub-directory.

I haven't finished recompilation yet, but so far everything seems to go
without problems.

--
Frank Breure                                    (breure@itihp1.tno.nl)
TNO Institute of Applied Computer Science       Delft, The Netherlands