[comp.os.minix] : upgrading ST 1.5.10.4

adamd@rhi.hi.is (Adam David) (06/08/91)

In <55604@nigel.ee.udel.edu> breure%itihp2@pucc.princeton.edu (Frank Breure) writes:

>I had some more problems upgrading St-minix to 1.5.10.4:

I found them too, and made the same fixes by deleting the offending lines.

>There are also problems with stprint.c in the kernel directory!
>Because there is no define of DEV_WRITE anywhere in the system, I simply
>removed one line from stprint.c to make it work.

I fixed this by adding a line to minix/com.h:
    #define DEV_WRITE   TTY_WRITE
in the printer defines. This is obviously only a temporary solution and may
be entirely wrong. Does anyone know how fix it correctly?

>I was able to compile a running kernel using the ACK compiler! but
>it is not completely tested yet.

I've got there too. The only thing I've noticed so far is the CTRL-ALT-F1
dump display no longer gives any information about which command initiated
each user task.

There is a problem in stwini.c if NR_HD_DRIVES is defined as 0
in minix/config.h - basically the whole of the stwini code has to be omitted
by adding ' && (NR_HD_DRIVES > 0)' in the right #if.

--
Adam David.
(adamd@rhi.hi.is)