[comp.os.minix] Please, where is utility to read Minix files from DOS?

boyer@sumax.seattleu.edu (Chuck Boyer) (06/04/91)

I saw this utility around once, and every ftp site I've gone to doesn't
have it. Was it called 'readmf'? Thanks in advance.

--
- - - - - - - - -
Chuck Boyer, ITS, Seattle University

ro@thp.uni-koeln.de (Rainer Orth) (06/05/91)

In article <2887@sumax.seattleu.edu> boyer@sumax.seattleu.edu (Chuck Boyer) writes:

> I saw this utility around once, and every ftp site I've gone to doesn't
> have it. Was it called 'readmf'? Thanks in advance.

Try

	ftp.thp.Uni-Koeln.DE [134.95.64.1]
	~ftp/pub/minix/tools/ibm_pc/mindos11.{let,zip}

This claims to do what you want.

	Rainer
Rainer Orth, Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Cologne

Internet: ro@thp.Uni-Koeln.DE

gt0178a@prism.gatech.EDU (Jim Burns) (06/13/91)

in article <2887@sumax.seattleu.edu>, boyer@sumax.seattleu.edu (Chuck Boyer) says:

> I saw this utility around once, and every ftp site I've gone to doesn't
> have it. Was it called 'readmf'? Thanks in advance.

How about the reverse direction? Is there a DOS program that can *write*
to Minix disks? I already have mindos11.
--
BURNS,JIM (returned student)
Georgia Institute of Technology, 30178 Georgia Tech Station,