[comp.os.minix] Bruce Evan's debugger...

marke@richs118.cpg.trs.reuter.com (Mark Ellis) (06/13/91)

Is Bruce's debugger (db.tar.Z on plains from what I'm told) only for the 386
version of Minix, or will it compile/work on the non-386 IBM version of Minix?

Thanks!

evans@syd.dit.CSIRO.AU (Bruce.Evans) (06/16/91)

In article <1940@richsun.cpg.trs.reuter.com> richsun!marke writes:
>Is Bruce's debugger (db.tar.Z on plains from what I'm told) only for the 386
>version of Minix, or will it compile/work on the non-386 IBM version of Minix?

It works on most versions of DOS and Minix, but requires bcc for compiling
easily, and the symbol table support only works for Minix-386.

I think the tarfile also contains an old version of the mdb debugger (not
written by me). That might work on all PC Minixes.

Bruce
--
Bruce Evans		evans@syd.dit.csiro.au