[net.unix-wizards] Accounting Packages & Pascal

SAE-ADA@Usc-Eclb@sri-unix (10/29/82)

From: SAE-ADA at Usc-Eclb
Date: 26 Oct 1982 1309-PDT
I have done a limited survey of accounting packages (eg. general ledger, etc)
that will run under 4.1bsd.  I have found none.  I have found a nice
package written in Pascal that we might convert to 4.1bsd.

My questions are:
     1) Are there accounting packages out there? For 4.1bsd?
     2) Is the 4.1 Pascal Compiler satisfactory for other than "toy" programs?

Thanks.

Robert Whaley
Software A&E.

ps.  In a couple of days i will send out a summary of what I have discovered
     regarding word processing packages (re my message of 10 Oct.)