[comp.os.minix] SCSI wini.c ?

todd@vulcan.austin.ibm.com (Todd Clayton) (06/25/91)

Hello Minix users,

I just got minix 1.5 up and running last week and I am very
pleased so far except for one thing.  I am tired of using
bios_wini.c to drive my SCSI disk with a Adaptec 1542B
scsi adapter. Because of bios_wini.c I have to run in
"real mode"  which is a REAL drawback !

Does anyone out there have a version of a scsi wini.c
that might work on my Adaptec adapter. I wanted to ask
before I started out to write one myself.  Please
respond by e-mail and I will post any good responses.

Thanks.

--
Todd Clayton, AIX Performance IBM Austin, Tx.
"My opinions above, facts below."

hp@vmars.tuwien.ac.at (Peter Holzer) (06/26/91)

todd@vulcan.austin.ibm.com (Todd Clayton) writes:

>Does anyone out there have a version of a scsi wini.c
>that might work on my Adaptec adapter.

A driver for the Adaptec 1540 was posted by Bob Amstad in April. You
can find it at ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at, directory /pub/minix/net/disk-drivers.
Probably it is also on plains, which is nearer to you (We are in
Europe).

Hope this helps,
	Peter.

--
|    _  | Peter J. Holzer                       | Think of it   |
| |_|_) | Technical University Vienna           | as evolution  |