[comp.os.minix] vga driver for 1.5.10

veit@du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de (Holger Veit) (06/27/91)

In <1991Jun26.155153@hemlock.cs.Virginia.EDU> ih3e@hemlock.cs.Virginia.EDU (Jan Hoenisch) writes:

>Here you go folks.  This file was compressed using SUN4.1 OS compress utility
>and then tar'd.  The directories should be understandable and there are
>two files that are included for your help besides the multiple examples,
>README and a project writeup file.  The project writeup file is a very,
>very rough draft of what was actually handed in but it will do and the
>readme is a quick intro.  I hope people have fun and let me know if things
>go all right.  I do not want to get flamed and therefore will pipe flames
>to /dev/null.

You get flamed: because it is not possible to transfer binary via e-mail.
So all the 1099 lines can be directly piped to /dev/null. You have to uuencode
your binary file and probably split it into parts of max. 50k each, otherwise
some strange mail gateways may cut them to a size they like.

>Thanks, and good luck to all, Jan

[lot of shit follows]

|__|  /  University of Duisburg  | BITNET: veit%du9ds3.uni-duisburg.de@UNIDO
|  | /   Fac. of Electr. Eng.    | UUCP:   ...!uunet!unido!unidui!hl351ge
|  |/    Dept. f. Dataprocessing |

gt0178a@prism.gatech.EDU (Jim Burns) (06/29/91)

in article <1991Jun26.155153@hemlock.cs.Virginia.EDU>, ih3e@hemlock.cs.Virginia.EDU (Jan Hoenisch) says:

> Here you go folks.  This file was compressed using SUN4.1 OS compress utility
> and then tar'd.  The directories should be understandable and there are

You're kidding, right? You're sending binary files thru the mail? Doesn't
keep either vi or tar very happy.
--
BURNS,JIM (returned student)
Georgia Institute of Technology, 30178 Georgia Tech Station,