[comp.os.minix] 25-50 lines on VGA ?

rommel@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Kai-Uwe Rommel) (06/27/91)

How can I switch a VGA from 25 line mode to 50 lines or any other text
mode under Minix?

Thanks for any hint,
Kai Uwe Rommel

/* Kai Uwe Rommel, Munich ----- rommel@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de */

DOS ... is still a real mode only non-reentrant interrupt
handler, and always will be.                -Russell Williams

kjh@pollux.usc.edu (Kenneth J. Hendrickson) (06/30/91)

In article <1991Jun27.083837.15439@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> rommel@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Kai-Uwe Rommel) writes:
>How can I switch a VGA from 25 line mode to 50 lines or any other text
>mode under Minix?

My patches allow you to use VGA 50-line mode all the time, but do not
allow switching from 25 to 50-line mode on the fly (without rebooting).
They should be available on any system that archives articles.

--
favourite oxymorons:   student athlete, military justice, mercy killing
Ken Hendrickson N8DGN/6       kjh@usc.edu      ...!uunet!usc!pollux!kjh